Pilot for a day
Personal Zeppelin flight training experience
Feel like one of the 11 pilots worldwide who fly a Zeppelin NT, and take the controls in your hands!
Do you love the dream of flight? The Zeppelin NT will revitalize this wonderful feeling. There are only 26 pilots worldwide who have been trained to fly the Zeppelin NT. And now you can personally experience piloting this unique aircraft.
Take the controls! During the two day training program, the special characteristics of this unique airship will be explained by an experienced Zeppelin instructor of the Deutsche Zeppelin-Reederei. The basis for the theoretical training is the Airship Flight Manual (AFM). In a group of four to six participants, you will be instructed in various theory subject areas and even learn about the role of the Ground Crew. During the joint training flight, each participant will take the controls of the Zeppelin for 30 minutes under the supervision of a certified Zeppelin instructor. The will also be a second flight instructor on board during the flight to explain further topics of the Zeppelin NT. Depending on the number of participants, the practical training will last for 2-3 hours.
Day 1 – Seminars and ground training
- Introduction to the airship on the ground
- Seminar 1: Description of the airship and its systems
- Seminar 2: Performance and limitations
- Seminar 3: Weight and Balance
- Cabin training (Crew training and Safety information)
Day 2 – Training flight
- Seminar 1: Structure and system of the Zeppelin NT
- Flight with practical training, including 30 minutes flight training in different flight manoeuvres: Straight & Level, Climbs and descents, turns, 2 take offs and landings.
- Logbook entry and presentation of flight certificates
- 2 x Lunch in the Zeppelin restaurant
- Coffee/Tea and cold drinks during the Seminars
Arrangements for overnight accomodation available on request.
- Valid pilot’s licence, minimum LAPL
- Valid medical
- Languages: German or English (The training can be made in either language)
Fritz Günther (Flight Operations Manager and flight instructor)
Katharine Board (pilot und flight instructor)
Lars Pentzek (pilot und flight instructor)
For dates, information or to make a booking:
Deutsche Zeppelin-Reederei GmbH
Tel. +49 (0)7541 5900-165